Bacon & Black Pudding "Salad" of Awesomeness and Happiness. Exactly my kind of "salad". I wonder where's the line past which you can't call something a 'salad' any more ;)
- Black pudding, diced
- bacon lardons
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced (I used bramley - make sure it's cooked thoroughly before serving)
- rocket and baby spinach salad mix
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- oregano (dried)
1. Fry the bacon lardons until they're nice and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Lightly caramelise the onion (you want it to still have a bit of a crunch on the inside).
2. Grill the black pudding and apple, sprinkled with some olive oil and oregano.
3. Mix the bacon, onion, apple and black pudding with the salad mix. Decorate with fresh thyme.
4. Set up a charity for tackling vegetarianism.