This dessert should be officially called "The Awesomeness". It's the simplest, most delicious way to quickly turn your evening into a little bit of sweet, sweet, christmasy heaven. And it's one of your five-a-day ;)
For the record, I stole the recipe from my sister ;)
- 1 apple (any kind, but preferably a sweet and juicy type)
- cranberry jam
- brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp of unsalted butter
- 1 ramekin
1. Peal the apple. Or if you want to be fancy, carve a pattern onto it.
2. Carve the core out of the apple, but don't make a hole all the way through. Leave a little bit on the bottom to make a sort of a 'cup'.
3. Stuff the apple with cranberry jam. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Place a bit of butter on top. Put in a ramekin.
4. Bake at about 150°C for around 1 - 1.5 hour, or until the apple is nice and soft all throughout.
5. Every once in a while use a spoon to pour some of the apple's 'juices' over the apple while it's baking.
6. Serve with ice cream and whipped cream.
7. Try not to eat 7 of these in one go.