Not much to say here - a classic made slightly more posh, a little bit more continental, a tiny bit more "healthy" ;)
Ingredients (for two):
- few leaves of lettuce/chives/herbs for decoration
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- a can of baked beans
- 2 continental rolls
- 2 eggs
- 2 pork and bramley apple sausages
- 2 slices of black pudding
- 2 slices of haggis
- 4 thick cut slices of smoked finest bacon
- Italian herbs mix
- salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1. I'm not going to explain how to make a tomato rose, I'd have to write an essay on it and it would still be pointless. Just watch any youtube video on how to make a tomato rose. Like this one.
2. Place the tomato rose on lettuce leaves and herbs.
3. Cut the black pudding and haggis with a round food/cookie cutter to make them the same size (if you want to be really fancy...), skin the sausages and form a similar-sized slice. Grill them together with bacon. Don't add any oil. Stack them on top of each other in a neat pile.
4. Sprinkle the portobello mushrooms with some salt, pepper and Italian spices, and grill as well.
5. Poach an egg. Place it on top of the grilled mushroom. Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Heat up the beans in a saucepan. Cut the top off a roll, take all the inside out to make it into a bowl, grill for about 5 minutes, fill with beans and replace the 'lid' on top. Et voila!