This is my version of Nigella's recipe. Turned out really lovely. Exactly what I needed on a cold, windy day.
- 2 litres of water and 4 chicken stock cubes
- 400g of rice noodles
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 5-7cm piece of fresh root ginger (peeled and sliced thinly then cut into skinny strips)
- 3 tbsp of thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 4 tbsp od dark soy sauce
- 2 fresh chillies (red or green, chopped with seeds)
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 3 tsp of soft brown sugar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 400 grams stir fry vegetables
- a bunch of fresh corriander
- salt to taste
- Put the chicken stock in a good-sized pan to heat up.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the vegetables and coriander, to the pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and coriander and cook for a minute or two. Add the noodles and cook for another few minutes until the noodles are cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt.