For a moment I thought someone cast a bad-cooking spell on me after I pretty much overcooked or otherwise ruined every meal in the last month, but I have now reassured myself that I can still definitely whip up a dinner that is simply pure awe (how very humble of me...).
In fact the presentation and the quality of the pictures is so bad, because I just couldn't wait it eat it! :)
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp of smoky hot paprika powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- Piri-piri (of chili) flakes
- A large bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 300-400g of good quality smoked haddock, cut into chunks
- 400g can of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp of tomato purée
- 2 tsp of sugar
- couscous or lentils to serve with
- Pour the olive oil onto a pan, add the garlic, paprika, piri-piri flakes and cumin and start heating up. Heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 100ml of water, tomatoes (and their juice), tomato purée, half of the coriander and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper and simmer for further 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer for further 10 minutes or so - until the fish is cooked. Add the rest of coriander just before serving.
- Serve with whatever you like. I like potatoes. Enjoy! :)