One of the simplest recipes I've ever uploaded here, but I couldn't resist it :) There's something nice and homely about the leek and potato soup. I like it chunky and without milk or cream, which makes it even quicker and easier. Enjoy!
- 2 large leeks, chopped into small chunks
- 3 small or 2 large onions, chopped into small chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped into small chunks
- 4-5 medium white potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3l of chicken stock
- 3 tbsp of salted butter
- 5 allspice berries, or 1 tsb of ground allspice
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes in salty water, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and leeks and fry on medium heat for 10-20 minutes until the leeks are soft and the onions are glossy.
- Place the carrots, leeks and onions in a large pot. Add the stock, allspice and pepper and boil until the carrots are soft.
- Add the potatoes and heat up for another minute or two.