If you haven't: Please enjoy this 100% original recipe of mine that I came up with all by myself and not plagiarised it at all. Honest.
So easy, so quick, and SO delish!
- 200g of puff pastry
- 1 apple
- 6 tsp (or around 100g) of Philadelphia
- 3 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 3-6 tbsp of dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of icing sugar
- butter, to grease the tins
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease up 5 muffin tins.
- Cut your apple in half, core it and slice up into very thin semi-circles.
- Put the apple slices in a bowl, add the water and lemon juice, and microwave for a total of about 2 minutes, mixing through every 30 second or so. The apples should be soft. If they get there earlier, great. If they need a bit longer, give them another 30 sec in the microwave.
- Drain the apples and set them aside to dry a bit (just so that they're not soggy).
- Roll out your pastry. You want it about 1mm thick - if you bought pre-rolled, you may still have to do a bit of rolling to get it thinner.
- Cut the pastry into roughly 25cm by 5cm strips.
- Spread a thin layer of philadelphia on one half of one side of each of the pastry strips (along one of the long edges - see photo).
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on the philadelphia, and lay out the apple slices on top of that.
- Fold over the free side of the strip on top of the apples, and roll the strips up into a coil to form a rose.
- Slide each rose into a muffin tin, and bake for 30 min.
- Take out of the oven, let it cool and sprinkle a bit of icing sugar on top.