A very traditional Polish dessert with several adjustments implemented by me :) Absolutely delightful and beautifully easy to prepare :)
- 500ml of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tbs of sugar
- 3 tbs of cocoa
- 2 tbs of starch flour
- 2 tbs of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp of orange extract
- 75g of milk chocolate, broken into small bits
- 3 gelatin sheets
1. Mix half of the milk (250ml) with egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, flour and orange extract until all ingredients are mixed together thoroughly. Add gelatin sheets and let them soak for 5 minutes (they will not dissolve completely).
2. Bring the rest of milk with butter to simmer point and remove from the hob. Add the rest of the mixture to the milk pan and mix thoroughly. Put back on the hob, mixing continuously, and add milk chocolate. The gelatin sheets should dissolve in hot milk quite quickly. Keep mixing at all times and let it simmer for another 2-5 minutes, until it gets quite thick, but still liquid.
3. Transfer to bowls or glasses (let it cool a little bit before you pour it into fine glass - it's really hot and may break glass). Leave in a cool place to cool and set.
4. Decorate with chocolate shavings and orange peel/slices.
Note: you can also eat it hot! It's the ultimate chocolate treat on a cold winter night :) If you decide to eat it hot, don't add the gelatin.
The original recipe is just as worth making, and useful if you don't have all the ingredients. It is the same as the one above, only without gelatin, orange extract and milk chocolate.