I serve them with delicious prune marmalade. A perfect combination for those peristalsis-conscious chocoholics. Bon appetit... ;)
I'm afraid the prune marmalade was made by my mum. I don't have the recipe, but I'll try to obtain it :)
- 275g plain chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 275g unsalted butter
- 85g milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- 85g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 325g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a cake tin with baking paper, slightly greased.
- Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold in the flour and chocolate pieces.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top should be firm but the inside should feel soft when cooked. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into squares.