A morning after a Friday night out in Glasgow. I drag my corpse out of bed, with a whistling sound desperately trying to suck the ambient moisture out of air. My stomach threatens me with unspeakable things unless I feed it something nice and meaty and fatty asap. What will it be? Fry up breakfast? Pizza? ...Fry up breakfast pizza??
To paraphrase a famous quote by Joey Tribbiani:
"Pizza? - GOOOD!
Fry up breakfast? - GOOOOOOD!!!"
So here you go :)
So how it's done? It's pretty self-explanatory, but here you go...
- a pack of crusty white bread mix
- jar of tomato pizza sauce or tomato passata
- grated cheddar
- black pudding, diced
- pork and bramley apple sausages, skinned and cut up (broken) into small bits
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Smoked thick cut bacon rashers, cut up into smaller pieces, or smoked bacon lardons
- spices (I used an Italian herbs mix)
- 4 eggs (or however many you need)
1. Prepare the bread mix according to instructions on the package.
2. Grease a pizza pan with olive oil or line with baking paper.
3. Roll out the pizza base on the pan, spread the pizza sauce/passata on it, sprinkle with some grated cheddar, stack up the black pudding, mushrooms, onions, sausages and bacon, sprinkle a tiny bit of olive oil and spices on top and put in the oven at whatever temperature the bread mix label tells you. The bread mix I used needed 20 minutes in the oven at 230°C, which was perfect to cook all the toppings as well. I first cooked it for about 15 minutes, and then added the eggs on top of it for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
4. Stuff your face with it like a starving Neanderthal.